In other words, there is strong evidence that Apple is, well, lying.

Why would you expect anything different from any corporation.

It is about profits.  Trust me, the only thing that matters is rhe
money.  If you "feel good" about a corporation it's because you
were deluded by advertising.

If a product is good it will stand on its own.

Apple makes good product.  Not what I want right now but good.

If I spec'd it it would be too expensive to produce and nobody
but computer geeks and audiophiles would appreciate it.