So if you are using Google voice across the data plan as you describe does that essentially free you from the expensive daytime minutes restriction?
Can you get a cell phone with a data plan AND WITHOUT a talk plan?

db

Jeff Wright wrote:
I posted two different articles about the same issue. I give very little
credence to anything on the editorial page of the WSJ, but it's
certainly provocative--and narrow-minded. Consider the header, using
"Kill" instead of a more accurate description. AT&T isn't dying, it's
SBC, an incestuous relationship that is doing just fine. None of this
would be an issue if the telcos would embrace new technology, and price
it fairly. No, they prefer to continue to double-charge for cellular
calls and cry foul when they get slapped by Google and Skype--and FCC.

So get a T-Mobile myTouch, which runs Android, and get all the Google Voice you
want.  No ideological contortions needed.  T-Mobile's A-Y-C-E 3G plan is $25
for web and $35 for web and messaging.

You get a great phone with GV on it without waiting and AT&T+Apple get the
message loud and clear.

Click here for the instructions:
http://www.techcrunch.com/2009/08/09/how-i-learned-to-quit-the-iphone-and-love-google-voice/