> No matter how you slice and dice it, the fact remains that Vista and Win7
are
> fully 64-bit out of the box, including the kernel. I don't have any
problem
> with Macs, but I do love how you manage to
> claim that defaulting to the 32-bit version of a critical component is
somehow
> a big advantage over 64-bit Windows, and a sign of superior engineering.

And Windows has been 64-bit for several years now.  The problem has been in
driver support and app compatibility, no surprise there.  I understand there
are costs to port things over to 64-bit, but just once I would love one of
the major companies to be ahead of the curve, or at least breaking even,
instead plodding along lethargically and forcing early adopters to suffer
longer than they should have to.

Windows 7 and Server 2008 are also the last Windows OSes that will be
available in 32-bit.  Everything will be 64-bit from here on out.  I plan on
getting the 64-bit version of 7.

Exchange 2007 is 64-bit only and all of my new servers will be 64-bit as
well.