On Aug 26, 2009, at 12:43 PM, Mark A. Metz wrote:
I have a Vista 64 machine that runs Photoshop CS4 at 64 bit. It runs Photoshop 7 at 32 bit. It even runs older apps at 16 bit, I think. So even though the OS is 64 bit, and I realize that means I can run 64 bit apps., it doesn't limit my running whatever I want, right? And I don't have to reboot to a 32 bit environment to do it.

That's running in application space. A very different environment than the kernel.