On Sun, 20 Sep 2009 03:03:07 -0400, John Duncan Yoyo wrote:

> Flash drives have a limited number of read write cycles and that might be
>what you ran into.

I'm not doubting your word, but where do you find this info? and do you
have any idea what the limit is?

I ask this--maybe I shouldn't admit this in public--because I use a
thumb drive as my primary data source for email and Quicken. I can use
it among multiple machines, and if my laptop gets lost/stolen, I don't
lose anything (nor will it be compromised).

--
   R:\katan