On Nov 7, 2009, at 2:33 PM, Michael Wosnick wrote:
I will be taking delivery of a new Intel i7-920 Win 7 PC shorty and it will come with 12 G of DDRR3 RAM and a 1TB HD to which I intend to add a 2nd 1TB drive that I just bought for a PC that is no longer going to be used. I have never used any RAID or similar configuration and am wondering what are the pros and cons.

Need to know your motivation. Are you running an NLE on this gear or just hacking hardware for entertainment or what?