Quoting tjpa <t...@tjpa.com>:

On Nov 27, 2009, at 12:06 PM, katan wrote:
In OSX.4, you can take the clock off the menu bar, and put it on the
desktop, a la a Windows widget (gadget?). In OSX.5, I can't find a way
to do that.

I do not recall that X.4 feature.

IIRC (I'm not at the iBook right now), that option is in the time/date preference panel. There's a check-box to put the clock on the desktop. You can then change it's opacity.

Could it be that you are remembering that you could move a clock widget
off the Dashboard to the Desktop. This still works in X.5.

I'll try that.