On Jan 9, 2010, at 12:32 PM, John Duncan Yoyo wrote:
My point all along has been EVERY company should take that
responsibility. M$ is a bigger target and they can be made to look like bigger idiots. It shouldn't be too much of problem for them to fund the
work.

Back when M$ was creating this mess I was yelling about it almost every month and contrasting it with what others were doing. M$ built a system where everything could link to everything else and they did it at a time when it was already obvious that computer viruses were going to be a problem. I think this was done because M$ thought it would make them more money, but it put all their customers in peril. The unhappiness continues.