On Jan 11, 2010, at 11:49 PM, Rev. Stewart Marshall wrote:
But I have found that when I buy a budget printer I get exactly what I paid for.

I bought a cheap color laser (cn3100) from Dell about 3 years ago for a bit over $300. For my low volume use it is completely satisfactory. I even use it for pre-press proofs and it is very close. It works on the LAN and even supports PostScript. My only complaint is that it is ugly.

In contrast, every HP color laser I have encountered has a warm up time measured in minutes and is deadly slow printing. I would avoid.