At present I have three different Epson printers.

RX700
R300
CX8400

I use generic cartridges in all.

The CX8400 uses chips and they have made a system that works successfully with the chips but it is not perfect.

Matter of fact the refills I got for the CX are from Ebay.

No blow ups no out right failures.

Just be aware that Epsons seems to go through a lot of ink. Read reviews on Cnet first.

You should be able to get a comparable HP for a similar price and their cartridges seem to last longer. (I have a few of those also)

Stewart