http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=123084040

*It found that month-to-month fluctuations in collision accident claims
didn't change before and after cell phone bans took effect. Nor did accident
patterns change compared with those in nearby states without cell phone
bans. *

*"The laws aren't reducing crashes, even though we know that such laws have
reduced hand-held phone use, and several studies have established that
phoning while driving increases crash risk," said Adrian Lund, president of
the HLDI.*