On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 8:44 PM, John Duncan Yoyo
<johnduncany...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Given Google Picassa's  facial recognition which works ok and facebook tags
> there is a decent chance that a face can be recognized.

  Hasn't law enforcement tried this already, for instance in Virginia
Beach, Virginia?  The claim was that authorities would be able to
recognize any number of criminals they were looking for from scanning
surveillance cameras spread about in the city, and hopefully catch a
bunch of crooks.  If I correctly recall the outcome, they were never
able to identify a single wanted suspect throughout the entire
experimental operation and gave up on it.  I think this was also tried
at some professional football games in Tampa with similar negative
results.

  Steve