On Feb 26, 2010, at 9:41 AM, Ranbo wrote:
if I need this, will reinstalling Windows take care of this problem? Is
that easy to do?  Maybe now I can launch Bitdefender.

The problem with reinstalling Windows is that you probably do not have all the drivers you need and when you track down current versions of the drivers you may find that they don't work all that well with your older hardware. Even people who regularly back up their data do not think to make backups of all their current drivers.

Note that you don't launch Bit Defender, you boot from the Bit Defender CD. It will run Linux on your PC and then launch Bit Defender from there. This will examine your hard drive using a system you can trust is clean. Yours obviously is not.