I have three machines that I actively use.

I have a desktop at home. Built out the way I like it. 1.25 TB hard drive, Dual core, DBD burner, DVD Rom, Firewire etc. Nice case, it is a powerhouse for me.

I have a work laptop. (Provided by me) it is a dockable Dell Latitude AMD dual core 15.4 screen. I have a dock at work, with keyboard, monitor etc. (hoping to upgrade to a flat panel shortly)

Then I have a HP netbook. The net book is my email, web browser when I do not want to sit in front of the big machine, machine. When I fly it is nice not to have take a big laptop with me. It is powerful enough to run Word processors etc. I can watch movies on it and it has a 6 hour battery life.

Each serves it purpose.

I bought my wife a desktop years ago as I kept loosing mine to her. About 4 years ago I got her a laptop. She works very well on the laptop. First one was a cheap Compaq. Never again. The last one is a Dell Vostro and it is very good so far.

Stewart