I previously wrote the wrong latest version for WordPerfect. The latest version is X4, not X3. I have both X4 & X3 as well as many earlier versions for WP. The last several versions of WP has PDF conversion built-in, but X4 has the most extensive capability. For example, WP X4 can create editable PDF files and edit *any* PDF file created by any other application. The size & quality of the PDF file creation can be chosen in the latest version, X4.

I have MS Word also, but I much prefer WP because it is less error prone. Even if the capability of Word and WP were the same (they are not by a long shot) except for the "Reveal Codes" capability in WP, that alone would persuade me to choose WP instead of Word.

As a rule, I open Word documents in WordPerfect and edit there. These as well as those that I create from scratch in WP can be saved in Word format when need be. Much easier & faster to do it this way.

So I think your wife is a wise woman -- whatever version of WP that she has is a good choice.

BTW, I have PDF995 also and it is good. But it can't do all the things that WP PDF can do.

Wayne Dernoncourt wrote:

I shoulda mentioned that she's firmly stuck in the 1980's
and uses WordPerfect.  She's talking about moving to Word
but _really_ doesn't want to.  She uses WP for everything
including file management.

I wrote in previous message:
I use WordPerfect also. She ought to upgrade to the latest version, X3. It has an excellent PDF creator built in. WP has had this capability for the last several versions, but the X3 version is most complete.