At 07:30 PM 3/15/2010, Wayne Dernoncourt wrote:
>I shoulda mentioned that she's firmly stuck in the 1980's
>and uses WordPerfect.  She's talking about moving to Word
>but _really_ doesn't want to.  She uses WP for everything
>including file management.

WordPerfect is a far superior product to Word.  WordPerfect was very late
migrating to Windows and had very poor marketing.  Thus MS already had the
market share.  And Word is "good enough" for 99% of the people, so they didn't
consider trying something "new."

</RANT>

A good virtual PDF printer (puts "print to PDF" as an additional printer on the
print menu) is CutePDF Writer.  Freeware.

http://www.cutepdf.com/products/cutepdf/Writer.asp

The most recent version (3.xx) tries very hard to put ask.com as your default
search engine and do other stuff.  You gotta keep saying "no" persistently
during the installation.

See if you can download version 2.28 (2.xx).  However, the one that I have is
from back when it was issued.  They may have added the annoyware to it since.

Works like a charm once installed.  You have to also download ghostwriter from
the same web page.  It's the actual .pdf file renderer.  GPL licensed.

Fred Holmes