From: Robert Carroll <carrollcompu...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CGUYS] what DVD-R to buy
To: COMPUTERGUYS-L@LISTSERV.AOL.COM
Date: Saturday, March 27, 2010, 5:46 PM

I'm not sure that I can help you.  I have never had any trouble labeling
lightscribe disks for any brand of DVD.

I assume that you have a lightscribe-capable DVD burner.  I turn the DVD over
in the burner tray, use Nero to make a lightscribe label (in the special
lightscribe label section of Nero), click on the lightscribe print button,
select best quality, and it begins.  It is possible to get a slightly darker
label if the disk is burned twice without removing the disk after the first
burn, but doing this probably is not needed.

You must have the lightscribe label software such as comes with Nero, or
whatever software that came with your burner.  Trying to make a lightscribe
label using regular label software that is intended to print on paper will not
work.

You could try a different brand of DVD.  If the same problem occurs, I would
suspect either that your burner is at fault or that you are not using
lightscribe software to make the labels.  Can't think of anything else.