On 3/27/2010 11:44 PM, chad evans wyatt wrote:
I have no trouble getting an image, but a crisp and dark one takes two burn cycles; there
is a registration problem sometimes, cycle to cycle.  Plus, optimum image cycle
("best") is 21 minutes; 42 minutes to make a good label is a lot of time.  The
memorex CD has an ok one-cycle burn; memorex DVD, with its different surface, burns very
light for one cycle.  And a two-cycle burn of DVD label sometimes smears.  My burner is
laCie, although I believe it actually is a Panasonic.  I guess the bottom line is that I
like a nice, dark and crisp image; it's a matter of what is acceptable to each of us.
Perhaps I should try another brand of disc.

Verbatim works very well for me. I have noticed that I do get darker labels on my Samsung lightscribe than I do on my HP, single burn cycle. However, both give acceptable results for me.

John Settle Personal Webpage: Urban Astro Images <http://home.comcast.net/%7Ejjs-cts/>