On Mar 1, 2011, at 11:30 AM, Karl Wright wrote:

>> Karl, what do you think we can do to make it easier for people to get into
>> the code?  Are other people putting up patches?
>>

> What's been happening is that we do indeed get code from contributors,
> but the contributors in question seem like they are new to
> open-source. I usually have to provide quite a bit of process advice,
> and explain the steps, and even sometimes do a chunk of the code
> myself.  So we definitely are not at the point yet where we have
> knowledgeable developers contributing regularly.

We should document on the wiki the steps for contributing patches, like we do
for Lucene, et. al.  This generally helps and gives us something to point
people to in the future.  Also, if we get a few patches from one or two people
on a regular basis, we should look to add them as committers (discussion on
specific people should be handled on the project PMC list).

Also, what do people think about collapsing c-dev@ and c-user@ into just
connectors-dev@?

-Grant