If this is the next thing the community wants to try, I won't stand in
the way.  I just got the impression that there's more wrong with our
build than just including dependent binaries - we also have problems
with the dependent binaries themselves in some cases.

Nevertheless, should I call a vote on (say) reverting to RC1 and
applying the stated shell commands to the resulting artifacts?  The
commands should also include .wsp files as well as jars, but that is a
minor issue.

Karl