From: John Sweeney via Contra Callers <contracallers@lists.sharedweight.net>
Sent: Thursday, February 9, 2023 10:43 AM
To: 'Shared Weight Contra Callers' <contracallers@lists.sharedweight.net>
Subject: [Callers] Re: Gentlespoons/Ladles (from Rompin' Stompin')

I agree completely with Tony, except…

I don’t think it is a good idea to use the terms “leader” and “follower”.

The only leader in the room is the caller.

For flashy moves either person can briefly lead another – e.g. twirling the end
person as you go Down the Hall in Lines of Four. That is gender-independent.

For much more on the subject please see:
http://contrafusion.co.uk/LeadFollow.html

            Happy dancing,
                   John

John Sweeney, Dancer, England   j...@modernjive.com<mailto:j...@modernjive.com>