I see a very worrisome problem with the "Scottish Swing": It's too close to
the "Bull by the Horns" swing.

In other words, if all the dancers stay upright, everything will be fine,
but what if you get a couple of young dancers who decide that it would be
more thrilling to lean back as far as they can to feel greater centrifugal
forces on their heads? If only one couple does it, then they are only at
risk of hitting a head against someone's shoulder, but if you get two
couples doing that near each other, then you have the possibility of two
heads cracking against each other at high speed, and having to stop the
dance until those people have been sent off in an ambulance.

I've heard of that happening. I've also heard it suggested that the caller
who claimed he had seen it happen made the story up, in order to discourage
his dancers from doing something that was clearly dangerous. I don't know
which is true, but I have seen dancers in adjacent sets doing that swing,
and worried about them synchronizing. (Fortunately they stopped on their
own after a short time.)

For that reason, I am not planning to recommend the Scottish Swing.

Jacob