On 2 Apr 2003, Guillaume Cottenceau wrote:

> Nicolas Pomarede <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I try to install 9.1 on my laptop (64 MB RAM + PCMCIA), but just after the
> > installation starts (loading pcmcia, usb), I get the following message :
> > "That CDROM disc does not seem to be a Mandrake Linux Installation CDROM".
>
> happens when `Mandrake/mdkinst' can't be accessed from the cdrom.
>
> > I can choose to retry, but the error remains.
> > At that stagen alt+F3 displays
> >
> > looking for scsi media
> > looking for Compaq Smart Array media
> > looking for DAC960
> > mounting /dev/hdb on /tmp/image as type iso9660
> > have to insmod isofs
> >   succeeded isofs
> >

> > The image I burnt had a correct md5sum. I then used cdrdao to extract the
> > disk 1 data as an iso file ; the md5sum of this iso file is also correct
> > (so I think the CD has been burnt without error).
> >
> > So, is this a bug ? Is there any more debug info I could post ?
>
> Any error from kernel when reading the CDROM? Ctrl+Alt+F4.

Nothing that looks like it :

IRQ and IO are detected ; driver xirc2ps_cs is loaded and eth0 is
configured, hdb is detected as a cdrom (ATAPI, DMA), Uniform CD-rom driver
is loaded, usb is installed and the last line is
"<7>ISO 9660 Extensions: RRIP_1991A"

There's no error indicating a module wasn't found or sthg couldn't be
configured.

If I choose to retry with another disk (leaving the same in the cdrom),
the "7 ISO 9660..." line is repeated in the kernel msg (and I have the
message "trying to access a cdrom drive (matshita cr-175)" on the main
screen).

Also, I copied the content of all 3 CD in a directory on another PC, to
perform a install with NFS, and everything worked flawlessly, so I think
the discs I burnt are definitly OK.

Anything else to test ?