On Wednesday 22 October 2003 10:22, Warly wrote:
> Greg Meyer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

[snipped]

> > So I see 5 images, and maybe one or two are not completely full, but at
> > least everything will be included.  WDYT?
>
> I am convinced that this is the good way, giving more to people so
> that they give back more to us. Unfortunately this model has not been
> proven yet, and people are more easily convinced that given a less
> complete download version could lead to more financial streams tower
> other costing product.
>
> A compromise would be to give those 2 base ISOs for free and let club
> members have access to 3 more specific complementary ISOs.

I have joined the club, but would prefer to see it as a subscription service.
ie. I automatically get shipped either the CDs, or a DVD.

What you get would depend on your subscription level.
Silver: CDs or DVD
Gold: CDs, DVD & manual
etc...

I'd like to able to change my sig to
"Mandrake Linux Subscriber (Silver)" instead of "MandrakeClub Silver Member"

If mandrake moved more strongly to a subscription service, then maybe releases
could be made when they are ready, rather than at a specific date. This could
ensure that we don't have some of the silly problems that are plaguing 9.2

--
John Allen,                          Email:  mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
MandrakeClub Silver Member.