This time Steffen Barszus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
becomes daring and writes:

> On Wednesday 12 February 2003 17:15, Brook Humphrey wrote:
>
> Wow my OE crashed at 3500. Eudora bailed out at 7000.

  They increased Eudora's resistance in the last 6 years...it used to
  bail at a bit over 5k emails :)

>> > Running Evolution 1.0.8 here, many mailing lists, all split into about
>> > 200 subfolders. Even then some folders, like php-bugs, have over 30,000
>> > messages. I have *lots* of filters, and I get only 1 or 2 unfiltered
>> > SPAM per day.
>> >
>> > [jmdault@JMLAP jmdault]$ du -s evolution/
>> > 1.4G    evolution
>> > [jmdault@JMLAP jmdault]$ cat /proc/cpuinfo |grep MHz
>> > cpu MHz         : 745.254
>> > [jmdault@JMLAP jmdault]$ cat /proc/meminfo |grep MemTotal
>> > MemTotal:       255436 kB
>> >
>> > Jean-Michel
>>
>> Wow they fixed it since the last time I used it but then you are probably
>> the only other person on the face of the planet with as much email. We are
>> the email elite. I still wont use evolution though. Thanks for letting me
>> know that it works better now though.
>
> *g* no I guess there are more people. I have around 50.000 and kmail handles
> it very good. And ermmm I would not call it elite, I would call it messy ;)
> since I don't like throw emails away, there could be something in it I need
> after throwing it away :D And I found out now how to handle mailinglists
> correct in kmail (how to get a list-reply with the "L" Key ;))

  I use gnus, and backup-to-CD-and-delete my mail when it hits around
  100,000 total mails (uhm...every 3 or 4 months, I think...Lisp slows
  down the world at around that number :) I have backups of bitnet
  logs and emails from 1988 in CDs here somewhere ;)

  Vox, the info-packrat

--
Think of the Linux community as a niche economy isolated by its beliefs.  Kind
of like the Amish, except that our religion requires us to use _higher_