Don't know about in the states Charles, but over here a wizz is another name for a food processor. However, I see the spelling is a little different, so probably something else altogether.
Cheers
Andrew

On 16/05/2014 4:29 a.m., Charles Rivard wrote:
What is a whiz?

---
Be positive! When it comes to being defeated, if you think you're finished, you! really! are! finished!
----- Original Message ----- From: "RJ" <rjf...@verizon.net>
To: <cookinginthedark@acbradio.org>
Sent: Wednesday, May 14, 2014 2:21 PM
Subject: Re: [CnD] Measuring flour

Use a whiz, It works great.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Bill Deatherage" <wrd...@gmail.com>
To: <cookinginthedark@acbradio.org>
Sent: Wednesday, May 14, 2014 2:47 PM
Subject: [CnD] Measuring flour

Hello,
I ordered a sour dough starter from King Arthor Flour company. The directions said, to add a cup of water and a cup of flour. when I did this the starter wasto thick. I called the bakers support line at King Arthor and was told that often the flour gets packed down in shipping. to loosen it up to take a table spoon and lift the flour up and let it droop. and this would loosen it up and make it come out the way it is supposed to. That was something I didn't know I was thinking that I should share it with people on the list because maybe someone has had the same problem.
Bill DeatherageSent from my iPad