From: Charles Rivard via Cookinginthedark [mailto:cookinginthedark@acbradio.org]
Sent: Monday, September 26, 2016 4:19 AM
To: cooking in the dark list <Cookinginthedark@acbradio.org>
Cc: Charles Rivard <wee1s...@fidnet.com>
Subject: [CnD] chicken thoughts

I’m not sure what I am going to do with a 5 pound package of chicken thighs
that have the bones and skin intact.  I do want the bone and skin to remain
intact.  I’m considering to either bake them in the oven covered with either
barbecue sauce or with Shake ‘n Bake, but I want to add another taste and
texture, just for fun.  I’m thinking of rubbing them very heavily with some
lemon pepper seasoning and then grilling them on a George Formann grill before
sticking them into the preheated oven.  These are very large thighs.  In the 5
pound package, I think there might be 10 of them.  The grill has a temperature
knob with no tactual temperature indications such as a click or detent that can
be felt, although I do have a stick-on dot to locate settings of “low” and
“medium”.  Of course, “off” is all the way counter clockwise and “high” is all
the way clockwise.  The question is this:  I will be grilling them in batches.
How long and at what temperature setting?  After all thighs have been grilled
and cooled, the Shake ‘n Bake or barbecue sauce will be added, then the final
cooking will be done.  The purposes that I want to do this are to give a
different taste and to hopefully eliminate some of the greasiness.  Main reason
is the taste experiment, though.  This should result in a feast during
donight’s Presidential debate!!  Any thoughts are appreciated.

Cookinginthedark mailing list

Cookinginthedark mailing list