It is good to have these from scratch recipes, because these days you can be
jipped on the size of the mixes: you used to be able to count on them being
18.5 ounces, but now you can see them at 17 ounces or even a little below! To
make the crumb seem more like it’s from a mix, even though they say you don’t
have to, since I’m using all purpose flour here, I sift the flour, either using
a pastry blender, two knives, or even through my fingers. It produces a finer
texture. Thanks for the yellow cake recipes.