That is all good advice from Pamela. I am perfectly capable of popping corn
on the stove, but, it would be my last choice.

Diane

-----Original Message-----
From: Cookinginthedark <cookinginthedark-boun...@acbradio.org> On Behalf Of
Pamela Fairchild via Cookinginthedark
Sent: Thursday, April 16, 2020 3:20 PM
To: cookinginthedark@acbradio.org
Cc: pamelafairch...@comcast.net
Subject: Re: [CnD] Popcorn on the stove

Larry, The last time I made popcorn on the stove I set my potholder on fire.
That discouraged me enough so I went out and bought an air popper and a
microwave popper. I use store bought raw popcorn but use one or other of my
two poppers depending on what I am doing with the popcorn after it is
popped. I don't have any advice for you except to be very careful if you use
the stove top method. It might be good to use a pan with a lock on lid if
you have one. But I would wait and order a safer popper if I were you. I
didn't like that almost kitchen fire I found myself facing as I threw my
potholder into the dish pan of water in the sink. By the way, if you get an
oil fire from the popcorn on the stove, water isn't a good choice for
putting it out so don't panic and go there on automatic pilot.

Pamela Fairchild
<pamelafairch...@comcast.net>