Hello,
Welcome to the list.  I'm by no means a cooking expert, but I've learned a
lot from this list and I hope you will too.

I do have a recipe that I make with pork chops in the oven.  Your timing
will differ if you have a bone in or boneless pork chop, but this is what I
do.

I preheat my oven to 375 degrees and spray a cookie sheet with a little pam
cooking spray...it helps to cover the sheet with foil, then spray the foil,
for really easy clean up afterwards.

I take two dishes, one I put in ranch dressing, the other, Italian bread
crumbs, like Panco or any of them would work.  First you coat your chop or
chops in ranch, then in Italian breadcrumbs.  Lay it flat on the foil that
you sprayed and put it in the oven. Now, if it's got a bone in it, I
usually cook it for around 40 minutes if it's thick with a bone in it at
375.  I don't have quite as much experience for boneless chops, so I'm not
going to be much use to you there, but someone will probably fill in the
blanks.

I usually am able to tell my chops are done by touching them very lightly
with my fingers. If they're firm, they're done, and you can also tell by
smell.

I hope this helps. Like I said, I am by no means an expert. This is just
something I do.

Cindy

On Thu, May 28, 2020 at 5:08 PM George Ashiotis via Cookinginthedark <
cookinginthedark@acbradio.org> wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> I am new to the list.  I have not done a lot of cooking but I am eager to
> expand my skills.
>
> I wonder if any of you could provide me with a fairly simple recipe for
> making a pork chop.  This chop is over an inch in thickness.  I would
> prefer making it in the oven, but I am certainly willing to do it in a
> skillet.  Any suggestions and/or guidelines are appreciated.
>
> Thank you.

Cindy Simpson