Dear Collin,

Thanks for your suggestion and we certainly will consider promoting RIPE Atlas
in these type of consultations where we see fit. The reason we chose not to
include it in this particular response is that while RIPE Atlas can certainly
help in assessing certain parameters that would be considered “quality”,
including connectivity (and loss thereof), it is difficult to determine the
cause of such disruptions in relation to the Internet access product.

With this in mind and the intention to keep our submission brief, we decided to
not mention RIPE Atlas this time. But we will again consider it for other
contributions where it fits in.

Of course we do bring RIPE Atlas to the attention of policy makers in other
discussions and fora when in scope, such as the Internet Governance Forum and
our engagement with organisations such as OECD and the ITU.

Regards,

Marco Hogewoning
--
External Relations - RIPE NCC