Hi, here is a webrev[1] for some cleanup that i want to integrated in tl-repositories.

Alan Bateman had scanned the changes and gave me some good input[3] for further discussion here:

The changes to java.util.concurrent should go through Doug Lea's upstream CVS. Alan told me that Chris Hegarty is on this topic already. The suggested changes for this is here[2].

I have changed some classes in awt / sun.java2d maybe someone of the 2d-dev maillinglist can look at these changes. I also changed some classes in java/securtiy maybe someone of security-dev maillinglist can look at these changes.

Let me know if there is a need to split/rebase the main-webrev[1] to review and/or push it individually.

Mostly the patch changes exception-chains. But there are some places where the patch changes behavoir:

- I removed some printstackTraces in sun.java2d.pipe.LoopPipe.getStrokesSpans and sun.misc.Launcher (Alan told me that kumar maybe want to have a look at it?). - I changed java.text.Format.clone not to return null. I think it will never happen. But if so throwing an InternalError seems to be better than returning null and let all the extended classes crash in there clone Method with a NullPointerException. And so catching an Exception in java.text.DecimalFormat.clone is unnecessary.

-- Sebastian

[1] http://oss-patches.24.eu/openjdk8/InternalError/part2/7084245_main_0/
[2] http://oss-patches.24.eu/openjdk8/InternalError/part2/7084245_concurrent_0/ [3] http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/core-libs-dev/2011-August/007563.html