Hi Sebastian,

I will help to push the patch, if people all agreed the changes proposed.

I pulled your patch and generated the webrev at

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~sherman/7084245/webrev

with couple changes from your original patch.

(1) Undo the changes in DecimalFormat.java and Format.java.
while arguably your suggested change might be the correct/better one for the situation, but it's a behavior change, personally I don't think you want to change the behavior, whether it is a "better" solution (not just look better) or "bug fix", in this kind of clean-up project. Leave that to separate "bug fix"
     patch, if you believe the existing code is buggy/wrong.

(2) Removed your comment and left the printStackTrace() in LoopPipe.java
untouched. Again, that printStackTrace() might be unintentional, a leftover of the debug version for example, but I'm not sure. Until the 2d engineer that is
     the case, I would prefer to leave it un-touched.

(3) Removed the concurrent package changes from the list. As discussed previously
     These changes might go different path to get it, if agreed.

It appears Xuelei.Fan from security might have some options on the changes made in security area. So Xuelei, do you want me to pull out the changes in security
area and leave that for your to deal with separately?

Personally I think it's nice to make the switch to the new chaining version if the original code is "new InternalError(msg) + initCause()", in which case it has the clear intention that implementation does want to expose the original cause of this InternalError. But for the case of InternalError(msg) only, the proposed change actually again changes the behavior/intention of the original code, in which it might not be desirable to expose the original cause when throw the InternalError. As suggested in the Throwable API doc, the "hiding" might be purposely, to separate
different levels of abstraction when throw the InternalError.

-Sherman