On 16/02/2018 10:12 PM, Alan Bateman wrote:
On 16/02/2018 04:09, mandy chung wrote:

Merged.  New version:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mchung/jdk11/webrevs/8198249/webrev.02/
Good to see this change.

One comment on Runtime.exec is that the 3rd paragraph of the updated spec is difficult to read (too many "ifs" and "thens"). What would you think about starting it with: "If this method is invoked after the virtual machine has started the shutdown hooks, the shutdown hooks have already run, and the status is nonzero, then this method halts the virtual machine with the given status code".

I already suggested something even simpler :) If the hooks have already run then they must have been started so the first part is redundant. But I don't think we care about whether they have finished running, only that they have started.

David

-Alan