Hi Mandy,

On 02/16/2018 05:09 AM, mandy chung wrote:

On 2/15/18 7:29 PM, Martin Buchholz wrote:
This also changes the handling of (undeprecated) method runFinalization and that's obviously related but could be a separate changeset.

I agree I should separate the runFinalization change.  I leave it in this webrev for now.  I will send out the final webrevs before I push (I am feeling under the weather a bit now).

We'll need to merge with my own pending change to Finalizer.java.

Merged.  New version:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mchung/jdk11/webrevs/8198249/webrev.02/

Mandy

I think that the following now never applies (in Finalizer) since ReferenceQueue never returns the same Reference object more than once:

  71             if (this.next == this)      // already finalized
  72                 return;

You could change it into an assert to be comfortable. What do you think?

Regards, Peter