Hi,

my code is now ready to be uploaded to the OpenJDK reps. Currently it resides on GitHub and is under the "GPLv2 + Classpath Exception" license, with myself as the copyright holder.

I asked Oracle about how the copyright notice should be adapted to meet the OCA requirements but, as of today, I got no answer.

Is there any official reference about the copyright notice on OpenJDK contributions?

Greetings
Raffaello

On 2018-03-31 00:17, Brian Burkhalter wrote:
Hi Raffaello,

On Mar 30, 2018, at 2:57 PM, raffaello.giulie...@gmail.com <mailto:raffaello.giulie...@gmail.com> wrote:

[…]

The new code also has a better specification than the current one, while
being mostly compatible. Indeed, the current specification leaves room
for interpretation and thus cannot ensure that an implementation
produces consistent and unique results from one release to the next. The
newer spec ensures a unique result.

Any specification change would need to go through the Compatibility and
Specification Review process. [3]

OK, as you will see, as soon as the code will be uploaded, the only
thing that formally affects output is the "1.0E23" versus "9.99....E22"
issue. Everything else is worded in such a way to remain compatible but
is simply a little bit more rigorous.

Sounds good.

My wording was misleading: I already got the confirmation that my OCA
application has been accepted, so I'm formally ready to contribute.

That’s good as it gives more time.

Per the JDK 11 schedule [5] there could well be sufficient time to run
this submission through the review processes. I suggest, once your OCA
has been processed, to proceed by posting your proposed changes for
review on this mailing list. Note that in general attachments are
scrubbed, so the patch would need either to be included inline or
published as a webrev [6].

OK, I'll take a look on how the mechanics works.

I'm usually on Windows. Are there technical issues with it as far as
Webrev is concerned? I mean, I could setup a Linux VM in VirtualBox if
this simplifies my life, but I'd prefer continuing my main work in Win.

As seen in Jon’s posting there are some attachment types which will work. As to webrev, I think it should work on Windows at least in cygwin but I’ve not used it there myself. If it’s just a matter of creating a webrev I could do that on your behalf based on your supplied patch.

Thanks,

Brian