> 17 apr. 2018 kl. 00:52 skrev mark.reinh...@oracle.com:
>
> 2018/4/12 1:12:36 -0700, raffaello.giulie...@gmail.com:
>> my code is now ready to be uploaded to the OpenJDK reps. Currently it
>> resides on GitHub and is under the "GPLv2 + Classpath Exception"
>> license, with myself as the copyright holder.
>>
>> I asked Oracle about how the copyright notice should be adapted to meet
>> the OCA requirements but, as of today, I got no answer.
>>
>> Is there any official reference about the copyright notice on OpenJDK
>> contributions?
>
> For library code, the template is in $JDK/make/templates/gpl-cp-header [1].
> It begins:
>
>  Copyright (c) %YEARS% Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.
>  DO NOT ALTER OR REMOVE COPYRIGHT NOTICES OR THIS FILE HEADER.
>
>  This code is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it
>  under the terms of the GNU General Public License version 2 only, as
>
> You can just use the Oracle copyright line or, at your option, replace
> it with your own.  In any case %YEARS% should be replaced with the year
> in which the file was created, and if it was modified in any later year
> then the creation year should be followed by the latest year in which
> the file was modified, separated by a comma.

The Oracle praxis is that the year or years should still be followed by a
comma. E.g:

 Copyright (c) 2018, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.
or
 Copyright (c) 2001, 2018, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.

I don’t know if this is an Oracle quirk or and (in)official OpenJDK
requirement, but it probably doesn’t harm to follow it. :-)

/Magnus