Packing JDK8 runtime, or packaging app with JDK8 runtime is not supported by jpackage.

It is recommended to package JDK8 apps using the javafxpackager in JDK8.

It is interesting you got this far.

I tried this myself and get a 32 bit jre8 installed (by default in the wrong place, C:\Program Files\jre8 instead of C:\Program Files (x86)\jre8) but otherwise seems to work (I can run "javaws -viewer" from these to invoke the JCP)

jpackage create-jre-installer exe \
--input empty-dir \
--output output \
--name jre8 \