On Wed, 11 May 2022 08:40:21 GMT, Yasumasa Suenaga <ysuen...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> I saw some compiler warnings when I tried to build OpenJDK with GCC 12.0.1
>> on Fedora 36.
>> As you can see, the warnings spreads several areas. Let me know if I should
>> separate them by area.
>>
>> * -Wstringop-overflow
>>     * src/hotspot/share/oops/array.hpp
>>     *
>> src/hotspot/share/jfr/recorder/checkpoint/types/traceid/jfrTraceIdBits.inline.hpp
>>
>> In member function 'void Array<T>::at_put(int, const T&) [with T = unsigned
>> char]',
>>     inlined from 'void ConstantPool::tag_at_put(int, jbyte)' at
>> /home/ysuenaga/github-forked/jdk/src/hotspot/share/oops/constantPool.hpp:126:64,
>>     inlined from 'void ConstantPool::method_at_put(int, int, int)' at
>> /home/ysuenaga/github-forked/jdk/src/hotspot/share/oops/constantPool.hpp:380:15,
>>     inlined from 'ConstantPool*
>> BytecodeConstantPool::create_constant_pool(JavaThread*) const' at
>> /home/ysuenaga/github-forked/jdk/src/hotspot/share/classfile/bytecodeAssembler.cpp:85:26:
>
> Yasumasa Suenaga has updated the pull request incrementally with one
>
>   Avoid pragma error in before GCC 12

The harfbuzz disabled warning looks good, so build changes are approved. You'll
still need approval for the rest of the changes.

While it's not my place really to say about the code changes, I think hiding
the warnings with pragmas like this is the least attractive option. But if the
code owners are okay with it...

Marked as reviewed by ihse (Reviewer).