On Wed, 11 May 2022 19:11:16 GMT, Phil Race <p...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> make/modules/java.desktop/lib/Awt2dLibraries.gmk line 462:
>>
>>> 460:    HARFBUZZ_DISABLED_WARNINGS_gcc := type-limits
>>> missing-field-initializers strict-aliasing
>>> 461:    HARFBUZZ_DISABLED_WARNINGS_CXX_gcc := reorder
>>> delete-non-virtual-dtor strict-overflow \
>>> 462:         maybe-uninitialized class-memaccess unused-result extra
>>> use-after-free
>>
>> Globally disabling use-after-free warnings for this package seems really
>> questionable. If these are problems in the code, just suppressing the warning
>> and leaving the problems to bite us seems like a bad idea.  And the problems
>> ought to be reported upstream to the HarfBuzz folks.
>
> I don't understand what the actual warning is getting at .. can anyone
> explain it ?
>
> FWIW the code is still the same in upstream harfbuzz
> https://github.com/harfbuzz/harfbuzz/blob/main/src/hb-font.cc

I've pasted a part of warning messages to description of this PR, all of
messages are here:

In function 'void trampoline_reference(hb_trampoline_closure_t*)',
    inlined from 'void hb_font_funcs_set_glyph_func(hb_font_funcs_t*,
hb_font_get_glyph_func_t, void*, hb_destroy_func_t)' at
/home/ysuenaga/github-forked/jdk/src/java.desktop/share/native/libharfbuzz/hb-font.cc:2368:24: