On Mon, 20 May 2024 07:27:19 GMT, Axel Boldt-Christmas <abold...@openjdk.org>
wrote:

>> Improve `java/util/zip/EntryCount64k.java` stderr parsing by ignoring
>> deprecated warnings. Testing non-generational ZGC requires the use of a
>> deprecated option.
>
> Axel Boldt-Christmas has updated the pull request incrementally with one
>
>   Update copyright year

I'm undecided whether it is really worth adding a new utility function to just
ignore deprecated warnings, or whether we should just use the existing function
to ignore all warnings.

If we special case for deprecated warnings then we may want to also add a
special version of `asLinesWithoutVMWarnings`

test/lib/jdk/test/lib/process/OutputAnalyzer.java line 691:

> 689:      * @throws RuntimeException If the pattern was not found
> 690:      */
> 691:     public OutputAnalyzer
> stderrShouldMatchIgnoreDeprecatedWarnings(String pattern) {

Given we have `...IgnoreVMWarnings` this special case should really be called
`...IgnoreDeprecatedVMWarnings`.

PR Review: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/19297#pullrequestreview-2065863128
PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/19297#discussion_r1606551444