Hello again,

Same person, different question.

I have a USB ADC here that can do upto 32 bits per sample and indeed it shows up as such when you ask it what it can do, but if you ask Core Audio to record at 32 bits then it still tells the device to operate at 24 bits.  Is this intentional and is there anything that can be done about it?

I have a legitimate reason for asking but it is commercially sensitive so I won't share it here.  I am talking to the device through AUHal but I don't think that's relevant.  Tested on Sierra 10.12.6

Screenshot from Audio MIDI Setup here: http://www.alpinesoft.co.uk/private/audio_midi_setup_screenshot.png

TIA - Paul Sanders.