Apologies to all for being a newb at this.  This is continued work along
the lines of including my own packages (a couple of kernel modules) within
an internal distribution of CoreOS.

The third party module that I would like to add requires kernel sources.  I
can't seem to find those contained within the chroot when I drop into
cros_sdk.

    *Question 1*:  Does anyone know where these kernel sources are?  Surely
they are accessible somehow?

Additionally, I'm completely new to ebuild and am trying to add my package
to be built when I run build_packages.  I have added my package ("foo/bar")
to the RDEPEND list inside of
third_party/coreos-overlay/coreos-base/coreos/coreos-0.0.1.ebuild

    *Question 2*:  is this the correct location to specify this dependency
so that it gets built when I invoke build_packages?

I have done the following:
    1) added my package ("foo/bar") under ~/trunk/src/third_party/foo/bar
    2) added a "bar.ebuild" file under this folder.  All this does at the
moment is some boilerplate ebuild declarations and echo things to the
console.
    3) For good measure, I re-ran "./setup_board --default
--board=amd64-usr --force" as well.

What occurs when I invoke build_packages follows:

emerge: there are no ebuilds to satisfy "foo/bar" for /build/amd64-usr/.
(dependency required by "coreos-base/coreos-0.0.1-r269::coreos" [installed])
(dependency required by "coreos-devel/board-packages-0.0.1-r5::coreos"
[installed])
(dependency required by "coreos-devel/board-packages" [argument])

    *Question 3*:  What am I missing here?  Do I have to register my ebuild
elsewhere?

Thanks in advance.