Hi, Andrew:

Thanks for your reply. Here are my answers:

>> Do you have workflow 1 or 2 implemented? From your description it sounds
like you're using workflow 1.

We have a mix of #1 and #2 deployment now:

serviceB is configured to look for any incoming cosign cookies and will
pass them along. It will also look for any associated proxy cookie files
and pass the cookies inside. This means serviceA sends both proxy cookies
for serviceB and serviceC over to serviceB. serviceB will also check if
there are proxy cookies to pass and send those.

>Given what I know about the services you're using (thanks to a umich
e-mail thread), I'd say workflow 1 is what you want in the long run, since
service B on its own would also benefit from retrieving proxy cookies for
service C.

serviceB is already talking with serviceC using the CoSign proxy cookies.
Our task now is to add another layer, serviceA to this workflow.

I agree that #1 is better approach.

> Yes, this is what it should be doing. The mod_cosign filter has no way of
distinguishing a proxy cookie from a cookie attached to a user's browser
request. Where do things break down? What responses do you get from
services B and C? What do you see in the apache error logs on services A
and B?

We do not have this pattern deployed for CoSign server now, i.e. send
serviceB proxy to service A, and send serviceC proxy to serviceB

The patter we have now is sending both serviceB and serviceC proxy cookies
to serviceA.

The result is serverA gets "Unable to locate the proxy cookie for service"
status message from serviceB. So I guess it is due to the serviceB cannot
use the proxy cookie from serviceA to locate the proxy cookie file, and
furthermore the proxy cookie for serviceC is not effective.

I do not have access to serviceB log files. And the developer there is out
for this week.

Thanks,

- Zhen