On Dec 4, 2013, at 4:35 PM, Zhen Qian <zq...@umich.edu> wrote:

> Service B currently configured to look for any incoming cosign cookies and
> will pass them along. It will also look for any associated proxy cookie files
> and pass the cookies inside. This means that multiple cookies are attached to
> the request (e.g. one for serviceB, one for serviceC), both will be passed
> along. It will also check if there are proxy cookies to pass and send those.
> This means we would be sending 4-5 cookies at serviceC , but this seems
> alright in practice.

Hm. That sounds more like throwing everything at the problem hoping something
will stick.

Isn't service B already configured to retrieve proxy cookies for service C? As
I understand it, you've got service A getting proxy cookies for B and C, and
sending them both to B; B retrieves a proxy cookie for C, and sends that one
AND the one passed from service A on to service C.

>  > The result is serverA gets "Unable to locate the proxy cookie for service"
> status message from serviceB. So I guess it is due to the serviceB cannot use
> the proxy cookie from serviceA to locate the proxy cookie file, and
> furthermore the proxy cookie for serviceC is not effective.
>
> Does it work if you *only* send the service B cookie?
>
> The workflow works if I attached the proxy cookie to serviceB I got from
> browser by login in to serviceB web interface. So this means that serviceB
> can use that proxy cookie, locate the proper proxy cookie file locally in
> /var/cosign/proxy, and find the cookie for serviceC and pass it along.

A "proxy cookie" is one retrieved by mod_cosign from cosignd, not copied from
your browser's cookie jar. :)

Does service B work when you have service A send only the proxy cookie for
service B?

> Are you working in UMich? Will you be able to help with the CoSign proxy
> cookie setting?

I don't work for umich, sorry.

andrew