My guess the person was having a hard time reading someone's handwriting
when they did this record.  My guess they meant James Robb of Rakelly who
is in the Griffiths.  See:

http://www.askaboutireland.ie/griffith-valuation/index.xml?action=doNameSearch&PlaceID=1312239&county=Tyrone&barony=Strabane,%20lower&parish=Ardstraw&townland=
<b>Rakelly</b>

I am certain about the record you have reading Roll and the townland in
question being Rakelly near Newtownstewart.

Peter

--
Best wishes!

Peter Kincaid