I hope your experience on this is better than mine.  I have my A&P jput
in new welts for me this spring.  It cost me over $300 in labor, alone.
It turns out that one side is very easy to install, but the other side
goes under some major structures, and it is not easy to replace.  He had
over 15 hours in the project, but gave me a brake on the labor.  This
was not the first time he has put in welts on an Ercoupe, either.
Dennis Schmaltz
N94715