On 2002.02.18 17:42 M.B. wrote:

> I am thinking just to remove the RPM's and every thing they installed,
> remove the user accounts, and start over with courier.  If I do that
> can I use the same RPM's or do I have to build them again

Insofar as I can tell, this should be unnecessary.

> Will RPM -e * take care of getting rid of courier and its ffiles it
> installed or is there something else I have to do

The -e option would work. Again, I suspect that this would not help
your problems.

> pac10fans.com was set as locally-hosted domain ..... I went to add it
> local domains and I got this error 'ERROR: domain cannot be both
> local and
> locally-hosted'
>
> I will delete the locally-hosted one and add it to local domains and
> report back

> After changing pac10fans,com too a local domain from a localy-hosted
> one
>
> I sent my self a message from my isp '[EMAIL PROTECTED]' to
> '[EMAIL PROTECTED]' and it DID NOT bounce back to me as 'Returned
> Mail'
> like before so I checked the webmail and again it did not show up in
> the INBOX so I checked the mailog and this is what it said

<messages clipped>

> Feb 18 11:50:23 pac10fans courierlocal:
> id=00007D9F.3C715AFF.00000B33,from=<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,addr=<mb18@pac10fans.
> com>,size=776,success: Message delivered.
> Feb 18 11:50:23 pac10fans courierd:
> completed,id=00007D9F.3C715AFF.00000B33
> Feb 18 11:50:23 pac10fans courierd: Waiting.  shutdown time=Mon Feb 18
> 12:23:51 2002, wakeup time=Mon Feb 18 12:23:51 2002,
> queuedelivering=0,
> inprogress=0
>
> It sais it was delivered but its not showing up in mb18's sqwebmail.
> I then
> with OE on my win 98 se computer on the LAN I created a new mail
> account to
> retrieve mb18's mail from pac10fans.com.  I used mail.pac10fans.com
> for both
> the POP3 and SMTP server.  I went to see if I could get it this way
> and I
> got this error

Did you look on the server's /home/mb18/Maildir/new directory to see if
the messages landed there? In other words, don't trust OE or sqwebmail
until you have the base level functioning first. Also, did you do *all*
the testing prescribed in INSTALL, including the perftest1 script? What
were the results?

Then again, if you created RPMs, you may not have seen that script, or
for that matter, the INSTALL instructions. They cannot be ignored. Go
to http://www.courier-mta.org/install.html, read *EVERYTHING* and do
all the testing described there. For the record, this is one of the few
packages I use that I do not create RPMs for - I compile the program
directly, and am thankful for that.

> BOFH mail filters
> >>Spamtraps = @mail.pac10fans.com (can not delted it, it wont let me)
> CAN THIS BE THE PROBLEM!!

If this is in the text box (which is likely - it's what's in my
system), it is not a problem - it is just a suggestion. If it is
written as text on the page itself, with the word "remove" to the right
of it, then it needs to be removed by clicking on the word "remove".

David M. Stowell
Ravenslake Consulting
Chicago, IL