Bernd Plagge wrote:
> However, it seems that
>  - the filter quietly removes all spam
>     i.e. I don't see the actual X-Spam-Status (as before)

It doesn't remove spam at all. Rather, it rejects messages that
spamassassin says are spam. You may want to adjust the spam threshold in
the courier user's spamassassin rc file.

Since the filter only rejects messages, you still need to run 'xfilter
"spamc"' in your users' maildroprc, in order to add spamassassin headers
to the message, and to save messages in alternate folders.

>  - even non-Spam mails don't seem to get the additional header

That's correct.

> We have a number of customer who are afraid of false positives and
> therefore I'd like to provide a 'delete yourself / control yourself'
> variant e.g. by moving all spam to a different folder.

You probably want to run spamassassin (spamc) from maildrop, only, then.

> So, if we used the modules
>    whitelist_relayclients
>    whileist_auth
>    spfcheck
>    greylisting
>
> in the pythonfilter  and
>     clamav
>     spamassassin
>
> in (a) a different filter or (b) triggered by maildrop we could probably
> greatly reduce the amount of mail passing spam and virus check.
>
> Any comments are appreciated!

Personally, I would never allow virus checking to be optional. You
should run all of those except for spamassassin in your pythonfilter,
and run spamassassin from maildroprc.