Gordon Messmer a écrit :
Bernd Plagge wrote:
I don't disagree with you but I don't like the idea to check spam -
which gets rejected - for viruses.

Well, if you run the spamassassin filter before clamav, and messages are
rejected as spam, then they won't be scanned for viruses.

I don't recommend that, though.  Virus scanning should be something that
you provide to everyone.  Even your own users shouldn't be able to send
viruses to other users.  I would run clamav first, and scan everything.
 Run clamav even before your whitelist filters.
My approach would be to first run filters which have the bigger chance to reject mails, to save resources. If a mail is flagged as spam, I totally don't care if it contains a virus, it won't be delivered at all. If the spam come from my LAN, I will take corrective actions to clean the computer.

In my case, it's lot more interesting to have the following order:
1 - Spamassassin
2 - Clamav
3 - Whitelist
4 - DSN management

I agree with you nevertheless, mails coming from "trusted" hosts should be scanned by an antivirus solution.

HTH.
Jerome Blion.